Do you have problems with warts on tongue? If you do, you may want to find out the facts and how to prevent such a thing. It has another name, verruca vulgaris, which is a contagious infectious condition.
It may not be so common but every country has its own common rate of incidence. Every person has different number and size of the warts. Although it is commonly found among young adults and also teenagers, this ailment can basically happen to anyone.
The Common Possible Causes
Basically, this issue happens because of viral infection. The HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) is the one responsible for the infection. It is widely and actively spread through direct skin to skin contact, such as oral *ex or kissing.
People with low immune system (also known as the immunosuppressive people), like patients who are HIV positive, is mostly affected by this virus.
So, what are the most obvious symptoms, anyway?
- You can see the warts on the surface of your tongue with reddish fleshy look and the shape of the cauliflower
- It may appear as a cluster or a single wart
- You feel the feeling of discomfort
- You have having difficulty when drinking, talking, and eating
- You experience lesion or cold sore along with the warts
- When you eat, the foods may irritate the condition and causes pain, which leads to bleeding
Basically, the warts can go on its own so you don’t necessarily have to use a certain drug or medicine. However, if you have a weak immune system, it is possible for you to suffer from it continuously. Talk to your doctor about this condition (read laser wart removal). If you want to, there are also some natural treatments and recipes that you can try for your own condition.
So, what are the home remedies solutions to try?
- Banana peel. Don’t throw away the skin after you eat the banana because the inner surface can be rubbed on the affected area. Do it quite often and you will feel the positive results. This is quite a safe method so you can repeat the method several times a day.
- Tea tree oil. Thanks to its natural antiseptic property, the oil is quite effective to fight off the infection. Simply add several drops of the oil on the cotton swab and apply it on the affected area. You can do it several times within a day.
- Aloe vera. It is rich in vitamin E and other healthy substances. Not to mention that the gel can deliver a soothing effect to the discomfort or pain. You can apply the gel on the tongue to speed up the recovery process
- Potato slice. It’s similar to the banana peel, where you can rub the part to your tongue. You can do it several times a day. In general, you should be able to feel the positive effect in 2 weeks.
When the warts are ruptured, the warts can be quite painful. Talk to your doctor about the possibility of anti inflammatory (or any other medicine) cream that can be applied on the warts or bumps on tongue.